Monday, April 6, 2009

Live-Blogging the Big Game (pre-game)

9:07 Welcome to Detroit and the NCAA Mens Basketball Championship, the biggest sporting event in this town since Super Bowl Extra Large (XL) was held here a couple of years ago. The venue is Ford Field which was designed as a football stadium but which, since the Detroit Lions calls it home, lacks a football team, per se.
9:09 Interesting Ford Field Fact: A beer at Ford Field costs $8.50. Really. $8.50. I think the .50 is just piling on. Some hot chick is asking the North Carolina why the Tar Babys or whatever the hell they are called won't just kick MSU's ass by 35 points again like they did back in December and he says MSU has Goran Suton back and it's a big game and MSU will rise to the occasion and blah, blah, blah...
9:11 Another Interesting Ford Field Fact: When you go there to cover a football game and you get on the elevator and ask the attendant to take you to the Press Box she presses a button labelled "7". Seriously. You watch from the 7th floor. That way when somebody asks you how the Lions looked, you can honestly answer, "I really couldn't tell."
9:13: Tom Izzo, MSU coach, was just shown giving his pre-game talk to he fellows. He seems to think the Spartans have a chance. Izzo's coaching was what beat U-Con Saturday. MSU scored so many points in transisition in that game after spending the season scoring off a set offense. Izzo ran 'em to death Saturday. I heard Izzo say the other day that UNC averages 7 free throw attempts per game. That's amazing. What it says it to stop 'em you gotta foul 'em.
9:21 Did I mention I'm an actual Spartan? Michigan State is where I went to college...so when I say "us" and "we", I mean it and right now I am telling you that our basketball team can kick your football team's ass!
9:24 Game on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m with, Richard, if only in Spirit. Go Spartans!