Monday, April 6, 2009

Live blogging the Big Game (1st Half) 1st Add

9:59 Here's an interesting note about Detroit: It was announced last week that the school district will have to close 50 schools by next fall. Is that amazing? 50 schools closing. They are something like 300 million in the hole, the schools, that is.
10:00 I was hoping Izzo would have something up his sleeve for UNC and if he does he might want to think about breaking it out.
10:01 It's 40-20 UNC with 7:01 left in the first which, at least, has a nice symmetry to it. Big 10 Player of the Year Raymar Morgan is down after an elbow to the face. He already broke his nose in the tournament earlier.
10:09 I broke for a snack. Cubs win! Cubs win! K-Rod get his first save as a Met and they win, too. Congrats, people. Tigers trail 12-5 as they come to bat in the top of the 9th in Toronto.
10:16 I just noticed that since the Tigers had the best record in baseball on July 23, 2007 when they were 59-38 (.609) they have gone 103-125 (.452) since. That's if they lost tonight, that is.
10:18 Ooops. the did. Lost tonight, that is. The Tigers, that is.
10:19 UNC has tied the record (53) for most points in the first half of an NCAA Title game.
10:20 UNC has set the record (55) for most points in the first half of an NCAA Title game.
10:21 I was going to look up the record for biggest halftime lead in title game but now I don't have to. This is it. 21 points as we are down 55-34 at the break. Hey, I just thought of it: Biggest. Comeback. Ever! C'mon...who's with me. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard … I inadvertently ended up doing my own live blog. Just can’t tear myself away from the game, no matter how bad it’s going. It ain’t over yet.