Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Great Day for Michigan. And America.

O happy day!

Word broke late this afternoon that John McInsane is shuttering his campaign operations here in the Mitten State! He's closing down his campaign offices, sending staff to other states, and, best of all, cancelling his media buys in Michigan. This means I no longer have to listen to his bullshit lies. Hoo-ya!

As I mentioned over at the General's place today, this means I will no longer have to throw anything at the Tee-Vee unless a Detroit Lions game is on.

In honor of this great day, I invite one and all to get Barack-rolled right here!

I've got to go to choir practice now where I will sing with great joy before I come home to enjoy tonight's debate.

Peace out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mitten State? I though Mittens Romney was governor of Massachusetts, not Michigan. Shows ya what I know ...

Richard said...

5-0 after 1 and a half? Holy Cow! I don't know what to say. Cept they better start hitting with RISP.

Anonymous said...

Richard,

It’s shades of last year’s series against the Diamondbacks. All season long, the Cubs scored a boatload of runs and had great pitching. Come the playoffs, their two best pitchers get shelled (well, to be fair, errors killed Zambrano’s chances last night) and the can’t score a damn run to save their lives. The difference, I suppose – more like, I hope – is that they’ve been playing better on the road lately. Maybe they go into LA and make it a series. Of course, irony of ironies, the Cubs could win 2 in LA only to lose game 5 at home.

But I’m a Cubs fan, and our motto is: Any day the Cubs are still alive is a good day.

Meanwhile, the Sox better beat Tampa today to salvage our baseball reputation over here.

Cheers,

D

Anonymous said...

So, uh, I guess the Sox choked too.

Anonymous said...

Richard,

The only thing I have to say now is ... Illinois 45, Michigan 20!!

ILL - INI!