Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pre-Game Jitters

I am about to write my debut column for "yournews-dot-com and I have to me admit to being a little nervous. Some of the writers who I will be joining are ex-of the two major dailies in this town, Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press, so this is my shot at playing with the big-leaguers.

I'm sure I'll be fine. I know I can do this. It's just like when I'm getting ready for a hockey game. As soon as I face that first shot I'll be fine. Or, in this case, as soon as I solve my first tricky subject-verb agreement issue, the nerves will disappear.

I think I have something to say. Time will tell. In any event, I view this as a great opportunity. Once the piece is posted I'll put up the link and you can let me know if I'm right about that. Or not.

5 comments:

democommie said...

Richard:

I know fuckall about sports and less about sentence construction. But, just let me start whacking away at it, if you need some help.

Break a keyboard, dude!

Richard said...

Thanks demo, but I have to learn to do this for myself. You are gonna be off on a mission sometime (checking for gay fake boobs in SoCal, for example) and I'll be on my own. Know what I mean?

democommie said...

Richard:

Yeah, sometimes my enthusiasm outweighs good judgement. Speaking of fakegayboobs--Carrie has been outed as a "model" with some photos being put on the web. Tsk, tsk.


democommie

Richard said...

demo:
No error in your judgement, sir. I was honored by your offer. If you must know the esteem in which you are held, I actually maintained a democommie file which contained some of your posts from the General's place and would still have it today if my computer hadn't crashed that time when I was exercising my right as an American to look at pictures of naked people on the internets and spilled mayonnaise, salty mayonnaise, all over my keyboard. My all-time favorite was the one about the anti-gay-ray device the army was trying out on some unsuspecting air national guardsmen. Damn, I wish I still had that one.

democommie said...

I am flattered.

I wish I had an anti-anti-gayray device--I'd be using it the asshats who approved the anti-gay marriage amendment in Cali.