Monday, July 7, 2008

When You Can't Say Something Nice About Somebody, Say Something Else

Why should I struggle so to artfully express myself when others already speak from my heart?

Why?

Here's another outstanding example...

I couldn't come up "just the right words" to say regarding the passing of Jesse Helms ('cept for: "As a Christian, I wonder how he's liking Hell?") until I came across the following via our Friends at Wonkette:

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/07/04/jesse-helms-american-garbage/

By Ken Layne


...Helms became the new, stupid face of the Republican Party, the party that left behind intellectualism and civil rights and took up the Southern Strategy of pandering to bitter white losers while actively working against that same white working class. Helms was the perfect hack, the kind of lifelong fraud who made his career on the ignorant resentments of the same people he screwed so hard by always representing the mill owners and the tobacco corporations. He was mean, cheap, petty and unloved. He was the ugliest kind of bigot and a stain on America. Anybody who says different is a liar.

Thank you, Mr. Layne. That's all for now.

No comments: