Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wow! Thanks.

Eds note: Everybody here at Everybody is blown away by your responses to our "What Do You Say To This Dickhead, Anyway?" contest. We have not felt the glow one feels when one "is read" for a while and have as such grown unaccustomed to the sensation. So words fail us and we are unable to muster much of a response at all beyond the "too-adorable-for-words" boyish blush we find ourselves sporting at the present time.

Besides, we are a bit, shall we say, logey as we have just today returned to Detroit from a trip by motor car from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, during which 1350 miles of the American landscape was sightseen in a mere 36 hours. (Less sightseeing than that though if you insist that of necessity "sightseeing" must be done during daylight hours only: that since Florida and Ohio appear identical to people when viewed through the windshield of a moving car at night because people can't see in the dark, people cannot be said to be "sightseeing" per se while they are in a car in the dark.) And, for the record, the simultaneous use of italics and latin--which for the record I did just use together and at the same time, makes it all legal. Legal as hell, in other words. Just ask noted lawyer Dave von Ebers of Journal of the Plague Year fame. But, even if he could shoot down my "Time Spent Sightseeing" claim, the 1350 miles worth of solo driving was real enough. And I'm kinda tired. I don't know how those over-the-road guys do it.

So, for now, this inelegant expression of our thanks and gratefulness to you, the reader, will have to suffice.

Also, a final decision on just how, exactly, the dickhead at issue will be responded to is still pending. An answer could come in the soon-to-be-posted "Memories of Wapakoneta". " Keep watchin' for that and, of course--as per some great advice I got from reading Jesus' General-- keep watchin' the skies.

May I post links to your guys' blogs on mine? You don't have to answer. I'll just put 'em up there as soon as I figger out how to do that and if you don't want them to appear on my site you can send an angry e-mail and call me a bad name if you want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rueben ... Damn! You figured out the Latin+italics thing! And the underline thing to boot. (Freakin' Blogger won't let me do an "underline" tag. Bastards.)

Now all our secrets is out!

Anywho, I, for one, would be honored to be linked at your page and I'll gladly return the favor.

Also, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today ... but that's a whole 'nother story.

Cheers

Nomi said...

I, too, would be honored to be linked!

And Felicidades (that's Spanish or New Latin) to the Red Wings!