Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughts on the Red Sox v Tigers and My Role In All Of This

I know a lot of you are wondering what it is I am doing at Comerica Park for the Tigers games, etc. I am sending audio material to some stations in outstate Michigan that can't afford to staff the games themselves.  But, acting together...they can buy me off.  Sometimes I send them a sound snippet (called an "actuality") like this one in which Detroit manager Jim Leyland comments on Max Scherzer giving up 7 runs on 7 hits in 2 innings today by saying something I couldn't explain to you if I tried, so just listen to it, okay?

I also file a more in-depth game wrap-up, but the thing of it is, I'm quirky.  After Boston beat Detroit 14-1 Thursday, I sent this off for public consumption.  It contains my fun exchange with Boston manager Terry Francona.  I'm calling it, "What A Grinder!"

Oh, and Francona had this to say about his team scoring 14 runs in a game for the second day in a row.

So, there you have it. This is what I do...

1 comment:

democommie said...

Rich:

Good day. Boy, the Sox are Jekyll&Hyde just bein' Jekyll&^Hyde so far this season. They are teh SUCK one day and the Boston Bashers the next. Fuck it, I'll take a "W" anytime.

I attempted your suggested fix for the General's blog, no luck. No matter how many times I sign in to blogger it just keeps sending me back to the same box. Fuck it.

BTW, I get notning when I click on your highlighted stuff.

Sigh.