Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let's Watch the MSU/Indiana Game!

Here we are, high above Spartan Stadium for the last time in 2011, and what a year it has been here.  The Spartans, as you know, can win their division (Legends or Leaders, we are ten or eleven weeks in and I still haven't figured it out) just by beating an awful 1-9 Indiana team here on this blustery fall Saturday and by winning on the road at Northwestern one week from today.  If they do that, they will be in the first-ever Big Ten title game in two weeks in Indianapolis.  I am working the press box this afternoon asking people I know to see if they are going in hopes of finding somebody I can go with and split the driving costs.  If you are going--let me know, okay.

My daughter--accepted a few days ago into the MSU Honors College--spent the night in one of the dorms with a friend last night and had, as I knew she would, a great time.  She's really hoping to come here in the fall.  I'm looking down on the MSU Spartan Marching Band as I write, hoping come next fall when I gaze down upon them, one of the mellophones will be she.  Almost kick-off.  It's Senior Day and all of them have been introduced and now the full compliment of Spartans take the field.  We'll be back to keep you posted on all the fun!
And now from our Twittering today:

MSU wear classic Green and White uniforms today. My favorites. Dwn in AA, Brady Hoke is wearing shirtsleeves. Dummy. It's cold
IU gets first down on first play, then 3 n out. MSU starts own 31.
Kirk Cousins to BJ Cunningham goes for 37 on 3rd and 7 to IU 29, then Cousins hits Garret Selleck for 21 and it is 1st and goal.
Can't convert first and goal, Dan Conroy hits 21y FG. 3-0, MSU w 10:05 left in 1st.


Cousins to Cunningham for 63y and a TD!!!  10-0, MSU 6:24 lft in 1st!  3 plays, 76y is the drive.

I don't know why I haven't ever entioned this before, but did you know you can follow me on Twitter @RichKincaide?  You can and you should on account of I've always got something cool to say.  Yeah, right.

UM, sad to say, is pushing Neb around this aft. Up 7-0 in 1st and are in Red Zone again.  I hate UM, but you prob knew that.

Now is it Cousins to Keyshwan Martin for another score.  47y this time and the drive is 70y in 5.  17-0, MSU. 2:09 left 1st.

IU: 2 1st downs in first. Tot y: MSU 224 , IU 57. MSU 17, IU 0 after 1. NEB on bd in AA, trail UM 10-7 after 1.


KMartin goes end around into end zone from 19y out. 2play/24y drive. 24-3, MSU. 10:06 left in half.  Illinois leads Wis 14-0 near the half!

1/2time. 34-3, MSU. Not that close. Tot y: 241-58, MSU. Ill leads UW 17-7 at half, UM leads Neb 17-10 at half.  MSU band on the field.  It's chilly, 47-degrees.  Hope the kids are finding a way to stay warm! They sound like they are.  Supposed to look up an old friend here at the half--so let the search begin.

Never did find my buddy.  MSU goes right down and scores again.  Cousins to Cunningham TD pass from 7y.  Cousins: # TD passes today.  it's 41-3, MSU. ILL lead over UW down to 17-14 mid-third.

Johnny Adams intercepts pass, runs it back 87y for TD. 49-3, MSU and still not halfway thru 3rd qtr. Blow. Out. 


Adams return is 5th-longest in school history (interceptions and fumbles).

Finally found my friend down in the suites and I hung out with the well-to-do in 4th qtr.  MSU wins 55-3 and now a win at Northwestern one week from today (noon kick, eastern time) means a berth in 1st-ever Big 10 title game.  Time to snag some tasty post-game audio and find my (not so) little girl! Talk to you soon, etc.

No comments: