Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sit, Miggy, Sit

Live-blogging Tigers at Dodgers again tonight here:  http://mlblogsrichkincaide.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1805916&action=edit&message=6

Here's your pregame.


We should have some kind of pool tonight to see who can come closest to predicting the inning of the Tigers-Dodgers game during which I fall asleep. I'm old, it's late and I'm sitting in the glider rocker which we got to put our daughter to sleep when she was just a baby, but which never once helped her to do so, not once.  Me?  That's another story.  All I have to do is kick back in the thing and start counting down from 100.  I won't make it to 88.

With last night's 4-0 loss, during which the Tigers were held to a season-low two hits, Detroit has now lost 7 of the last 13 overall and three of four so far on the road trip.  They remain a game behind Cleveland as the Indians also lost last night, beaten at home by Colorado 8-7.  Those same two teams are playing again tonight and are scoreless in the third.

Those Dodger Notes last night were as prescient as any I've ever seen, what with the prediction that Juan Uribe would homer in the series against Detroit--which he did, in the first innning during his first at bat--and the note about Clayton Kershaw being tied for the ML lead in hits.  Kershaw's 2-run single in the eighth gave him the outright lead in hits by pitchers this season (10).

Miguel Cabrera sits tonight.  Jim Leyland says he needs a rest and tonight's just the night to give it to him says the Skip as Cabrera is 0x12 lifetime against the LA starter.  I've read some comments from angry Tigers fans wondering why Leyland doesn't wait till he gets home to rest Cabrera as Detroit is de facto shorthanded already tonight with no DH and I think they make a pretty good point.  I don't agree with Leyland on this one.  We note that Leyland has managed over 3,000 games in the majors compared to, well, none for me, so if I were you I would give that stat some weight.
Here are your notes.  As always, we admonish you: READ THE NOTES.

Detroit Tigers Game Information.
Los Angeles Dodgers Game Notes.

10:10 first pitch and we will be back for that, unless, as I say, I fall asleep.

No comments: