Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Who's Looking Out For The Big Guy?

If we can get this "embed video" thingy to work we can have a chuckle and make a point about health care...


I had to fire my chiropractor over the health care issue yesterday. He decided it was a good idea to put one of those obnoxious yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flags--the one with the coiled snake on it--in his front office window. Well, don't tread on me, neither buddy. There are enough people in his field that I don't have to go to no teabagger to get my back worked on. My back is actually hurting today after having played hockey on it but I'll ice it down and grit my teeth until a find a new guy. When I told the receptionist yesterday I wouldn't be coming back and she asked me why, I pointed at the snake flag in the window and shrugged.  That said it all as far as I was concerned.  You shoulda seen the look on her face.  She asked, "Are you for real?" Now, I have to confess that I was a little taken aback at having had my very existence questioned but I recovered nicely. "Of course I am," I told her.


Jeannie and I were at a big health care town hall a couple of weeks ago and we got to see these moronic haters up close (in your face up-close when we got down to it, in fact) and a lot of them were waving that very flag with the snake on it. They were haters. I don't know what the whole "don't tread on me" thing is about. I know it has some historical significance but I'm too lazy to Google it. All I can say to this clown is, "If you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is buddy you have to wait..."

Anybody know a good chiropractor in the Farmington area?

4 comments:

Dave said...

Richard,

I saw this earlier today. Very funny stuff. By the way, did you know that Thomas Lennon (of "Reno 911!" fame) is an alumnus of my high school, Oak Park-River Forest? Home of the Huskies, if you will.

In any event, I was happy to see you posted this ... all the more so because I'm writing this from my brother's hospital room in suburban Naperville, Illinois ... long, long story.

Cheers, mate.

democommie said...

Dave von Ebers and Richard:

My sentiments, 'zackly!

Fuckin' morons. Of course your chiropractor is either taking cash or cherry picking the insurers he will deal with (don't ask me how, but I know!). A lot of folks who used to be very voiceferous GOP'ers (around here) are laying low, these days. They let their party get hijacked by the fucktards, now they're whining, fuck them all.

Dave, I know things have been tough, I hope you and your family are alright.

Dave said...

Richard and Demo ...

I sent youse guys an e-mail.

Dave said...

Hey, Richard, you around these days or what?